This entry level position is responsible for replenishment buying and executing on a forecast; assuring that needed materials are in place when required providing support to Supply Chain Buyers and Manufacturing departments. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Executes on sourcing plan provided by Buyers through Oracle ERP system.
* Create orders, manage dates and work with vendors on upcoming and past due orders, keeping system current.
* Works collaboratively with material supervisor to assure a balance of space constraints, delivery method and material availability.
* Maintains system parameters related to safety stock and forecasted demand based on standard methodology.
* Assures that all replenishment purchases are made in a timely matter, and delivered to meet production needs.
* Confer with vendors to obtain availability and delivery information.
* Complete MD audits and proactively report product and material availability issues to Buyers
* Maintain purchase order status and shipment tracking information.
* Assure costing, lead-time, and supplier records are maintained in the ERP system.
* Monitor supplier performance to ensure service levels are achieved.
* Assure compliance to existing contracts and service levels.
* Follow up on past due invoices and work with warehouse, buyers and sourcing to correct AP issues.
* Provides recommendations on new and/or improved supplier opportunities.
* Provides input on sourcing decisions.
* Complete special projects and assignments as requested.
* High School Diploma required
* Experience in purchasing and/or materials are desirable.
* Strong communication skills in dealing with internal and external parties.
* Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
* Possess strong Computer Skills in ERP purchasing systems (Oracle) and MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Have the ability to develop strong and healthy relationships