Manager Human Resources USA
Job Code: 8234BR
Primary Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Human Resources
Human Resources Manager USA
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Boart Longyear is a global mineral exploration company celebrating its 127th anniversary. It is headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT with operations around the globe in 40 countries. The company provides mineral exploration services and drilling products for the global mining industry and has a presence in drilling water exploration, environmental sampling, energy, and oil sands exploration.
Provide leadership for Employee Relations, Performance Development, Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Benefits, Organizational Effectiveness, and Culture. Serve as key HR Leader to drive objectives and program implementation for the United States. The role includes multi-site responsibility for our Field Drilling Services Division. In addition, this job will have responsibility for our Manufacturing Plant, Products Division and Corporate Functions. This job will have 3 direct reports and have responsibility for 1,000 employees.
- Oversee the staffing requirements of the business. Develop strategy to source, hire and train key talent.
- Plan human resource requirements in conjunction with other departmental managers
- Develop and implement labor relations policies and procedures.
- Advise and assist other departmental managers on interpretation and administration of personnel policies and programs
- Build and maintain operational metrics for headcount, attrition, labor costs, overtime analysis, and other projects, as required
- Manage and coordinate annual evaluation and wage increase process.
- Manage and coordinate annual PDM (Performance) and OCR (Succession Planning) processes
- Develop and lead proactive ‘Employer of Choice’ initiatives for recruiting, employee motivation, positive work environment, and retention.
- Partner with management regarding all matters of compliance and disciplinary actions
- Oversee, interpret, and administer company policies, workplace procedures, affirmative government regulations and affirmative action reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of 10+ years related experience with 3-5 years of management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of US labor law
- Experience providing HR support in a field operations and manufacturing environment a plus
- Strong analytical and project management skills with ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Comfortable with MS Office tools
- Requires approximately 30% travel