Buyer/Supply Planner (Spare Parts)
The Spares buyer/planner is responsible for buying and global availability of spare parts for drilling equipment, hydraulic systems, motors, pumps, engines etc. Purchase items in accordance with established policies and procedures. Interact with internal customers, demand planners, plants and suppliers. Responsible for buying activities for regional distribution centers. Accountable for expediting, running order action reports, monitoring lead times and order quantities to achieve proper turns and inventory levels.
* Maintain adequate inventory levels based on policies and procedures
* Review and adjust global stocking strategy for critical spares
* Communicate clearly with internal customers to set expectations and understand customer requirements
* Proactively prevent and resolve issues related to spare parts availability
* Translate demand forecast into most effective supply planning strategy
* Monitor supplier performance and drive KPI performance
* Evaluate supply base, identify risks, and develop sourcing strategies
* Drive cost reduction and continuous improvement efforts
* Other duties as required
* Minimum 5 years of proven working experience with planning and/or buying of spare parts for heavy machinery, capital equipment, hydraulic systems, engines, pumps, motors etc.
* Experience in mining industry is preferred
* BS Degree or equivalent required.
* Strong analytical skills
* Continuous improvement mindset
* Flexible hours (no nine to five mentality)
* Able to take self-initiative, prioritize and manage projects to completion
* Excellent communication skills
* Able to perform to KPI’s
* General MS Office
* Able to work with ERP/MRP systems