Boart Longyear isan integrated drilling services and drilling products provider, producing,manufacturing and operating equipment for the minerals industry, with adrilling presence in water exploration, environmental sampling, energy and oilsands exploration. The Company operates in the Asia Pacific region, Canada,USA, South America, Europe and Africa.
As a TechnicalService Operative, you will be required to perform all necessary dailyactivities that are associated with servicing of a Boart Longyear servicecontract, including compliance with all relevant operating procedures andpolicies, work scopes and contract documents. This role will work an 8/6roster FIFO from Perth.
* Proactive and effective management of drilling consumables inventory onsite to ensure continuity of operations
* Replenish circuit stock on each rig to the established levels
* Perform the sorting, gauging, cutting back, grinding and colour codingof used drill bits
* Remove all worn and damaged rock tools from the drill sites.
* Analyse the condition and/or failures and discuss with the operators
* Accurate data entry and analysis of any trends.
* Reporting of product usage data and performance issues through thedesignated / appropriate channels in a timely manner
* Work closely with the client and Boart Longyear TechnicalRepresentatives to drive continuous improvement and trouble-shoot problemswhere necessary
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the client (atvarious levels)
* Maintain a safe, neat and tidy working area at all times and keepingequipment in good working order
* ‘C’class vehicle license (will be driving a 4WD service ute bothunderground and on surface)
* Underground experience (hard rock mining / drilling)
* Experience/ knowledge of percussive drilling consumables (drill andblast consumables)
* Able to work autonomously & in a team environment
* Competent in Microsoft Office
* IT Ticket is beneficial
* Receipt, Dispatch, Stock Control and Packaging skills
* First Aid certificate
* Safety oriented with attention to detail
On the job trainingwill be provided for technical aspects of the job as our main focus is to hirean individual with the right attitude and a solid work ethic.
If you are successful tothe next stage you must be able to provide two current references and aNational Police Clearance, and pass a company medical.