Data Analyst, Logistics
We are currently seeking a Data Analyst to join our Global Logistics team. This key individual will be responsible for creating and implementing effective metrics and reports to meet specific project success criteria throughout project implementation and deployment. You will be assigned a mix of core responsibilities as well as special projects which will optimize logistics operational performance, drive cost savings and build the necessary tools and capabilities to support our continued growth:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The qualified candidate must be able to:
* Participate in data collection, data management, and data analysis strategies to support statistical analyses.
* Acquire and combine data from primary and secondary sources from different platforms
* Analyze large amounts of data and provides in-depth analysis needed to support services within the business operations to meet operational and strategic goals.
* Synthesize data from large databases; presents findings and opportunities in clear, concise manner, either visually, verbally or both.
* Own the development of metrics and reports that support freight analytics
* Determine possible system enhancements or new development based on Transportation departments’ business needs.
* Develop and implement reports, databases, data collection system, KPI dashboards, and other tools to facilitate analysis of transportation data
* Mine and analyze business data to identify patterns and correlations suggesting opportunities and improvements
* Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
* 1-3 years’ experience in manipulation of large data sets
* Ability and desire to learn TMS (Transportation Management System)
* Advanced Excel techniques (Pivot table, VBA Code, Vlookups, etc.).
* Advanced MS Access skills
* Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong meeting facilitation skills
* Logistics Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four year undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience preferred