Boart Longyear is a trusted partner in providing world-class drilling services and products to the global mining industry. Boart Longyear conducts contract drilling services in more than 40 countries, and provides mining products to customers in over
100 countries. We are currently looking for a skilled Welder / Fitter to join our team! A Boart Longyear Welder/Fitter must understand and apply advanced welding techniques to each job assignment and be able to work quickly and skillfully with their hands.
* Joins various types of metal objects and structures using electric arc, MIG welding technique
* Fabricate drilling equipment from blueprints, sketches and verbal instructions
* Monitors the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts of warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of materials
* Uses disc grinder to smooth out, weld, or grind parts prior to welding
* Operate drill presses, power saws, metal lathes and a variety of welding equipment and hand tools.
* Operates safety equipment and uses safe work habits while performing his job function
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 2-3 years’ experience
* Be able to lift 100 poundsfrequently
* Pass a drug screen
* Pass a background check
* Have a good driving record
* Possess a valid driver’s license
* Must have your own tools
* Be able and willing towork overtime as required
* Ability to read and interpret engineereddrawings
Boart Longyear offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k program with employer match, tuition reimbursement, and much more!