Job Code: 8465BR
Primary Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to the Manager of theSys/Net Ops team at Boart Longyear. Responsible for IT/IS engineering andoperations at a technical level. This function is increasingly important to thefuture strategy of Boart Longyear’s global information and communication. Thisis a senior level hands on role supporting systems.
- Design, deploy and support IT/IS and Security architectures
- Evaluate and research new emerging solutions where needed
- Maintain and oversee a large volume of physical and virtual servers, network components and communications
- Maintain both on-premise and CoLo infrastructure to ensure efficient operations with negligible disruptions
- Perform, design and assist with PaaS and IaaS migrations to public cloud entities
- Support global projects and delivery of IT services by interacting with a Field IT Services team
- Act as backup Linux DBA for key applications
- Implement global monitoring, syslogging, alerting, and reporting practices
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience supporting systems and applying best practices for an enterprise environment
- 10+ years of experience in industry setting or a related BS/BA with 6+ years of experience
- 7+ years of experience managing and securing Windows, UNIX, and Linux environments
- 7+ years of experience working with a variety LAN/WAN technologies and protocols
- 5+ years of experience working with vendors and 3rd party contractors for project delivery and products
- Technical skills and experience working with:
- Windows domains, large data storage arrays, CISCO network devices (switches & firewalls), CISCO Unified Communications, Cisco Telephony, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Solarwinds, CMDB platforms and such
- Ability to write code and script minimally for certain automation situations
- Automation of system backups, alerting, logging, etc.
- Experience with IT/IS technologies and services including IAM, log/event management, Cisco IOS, SQL Server, MS SQL, Linux, Windows, Routing, Switching, etc.
- Experience in managing/using products in areas of Vulnerability and Patch Management and IPS/IDS solutions
- Experience generating, analyzing, and interpreting data for reasons of security
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, VMWare, Dell, HP, NetApp, Nimble, etc.
- Experience managing and maintaining Data Center and Co-Location equipment
- Strong Windows Server and Domain Administration
- Strong Unix/Linux skills
- Problem solving – self motivated – do it right attitude
- Hands on experience and responsibility keeping infrastructure running continuously