IT/IS Engineering Operations Manager
Job Code: 8466BR
Primary Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full Time
The IT/IS Manager will oversee a team that specializes in SysOps and NetOps functions; Network, Storage, Server, Infrastructure, Cloud and Cyber initiatives. This position will define, manage, and promote various development activities for Sys/Net Ops best practices, including continuous integration, delivery, testing, and continuous monitoring.
This position will work collaboratively with an Oracle ERP team to design best practices and automate processes. It will also have direct responsibility for global Network and Server infrastructures with their associated architectures. You will apply knowledge of the latest trends in industry as well as engage with internal teams to consult and implement sound practices. This position will continually report the current state of systems as well as recommend areas for improvement.
- Managing complex projects through traditional and Agile methodologies
- Managing, coaching, and mentoring administrative staff in their career progression
- Experience working in multi-org, multi-currency or/and multi-language environments is
- Knowledge of Purchasing, Procurement and Order Management workflows.
- Hands-on with SQL, Shell scripting, XML/BI Publisher
- Knowledge of Forms Builder, Reports Builder, Java, etc.
- Managing a diverse team of engineers
- Working knowledge of Python, C, Azure, AWS, Linux, Python, Django, Git, Jenkins, Java, Docker, Chef, Splunk
- Familiarity with Cloud migration strategies, compute, data forensics, and storage
- Experience working with Data Centers, Networks, Systems and Security Architectures
- Windows/Linux Server Administration and Oversight
- Enterprise level storage systems and arrays
- Database structures and support
- All supporting IT systems and applications
- AD, DNS, DHCP, Telephony, Switching, Routing, Firewalls, Telecom, etc.
- Cloud Automation, Migration, and Virtualization strategies
- Communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Operate effectively in a team environment
- Hold team members accountable
- Manage time effectively and operate with minimal supervision
- Effectively understand and communicate Boart Longyear’s value and suite of offerings
- Install, configure, administer and troubleshoot LAN, WAN, Storage and Server related equipment
- Oversee Server and Applications functions and roles
- Perform Database, Code Development and ERP Business roles
- Write maintainable application code to efficiently implements business requirements.
- Work with fellow developers to provide on-time and complete features, documentation and peer training.
- Serve as final escalation point for Engineers on unresolved issues
- Perform proactive tasks for infrastructure to maintain the highest level of stability
- Perform ongoing review of environments
- Provide projects recommendations to improve stability & performance
- Develop written project plans with specific timelines
- Assist with vetting of new technology and solutions
- Work closely with Vendors and 3rd parties for product and services
In-depth understanding of:
- Terminology and implementation of network technologies
- Firewall rules, configurations, and troubleshooting
- Routing protocols and configurations
- Cable plant and physical connections
- IT supporting technologies such as: DNS, DHCP, AD, IPAM, TACACs, RADIUS, etc.
- Windows Server: All versions
- Linux O/S’s: Major versions
Hands on experience with:
- Hypervisor based virtualization platforms (VMWare / Hyper-V)
- MS SQL / SQL Server
- Oracle / Oracle Application Framework
- NetApp / EMC or similar
- Migration strategies from physical to virtualized systems
- Migration strategies from physical or virtualized to Cloud environments
- Cloud: AWS – EC2, S3, Glacier, Direct Connect, CloudFront, CloudTrail, etc.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-10 years’ management experience in the IT field
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Possession of excellent oral and written
- Possession of excellent problem solving and conflict
- 5+ years of software development or operations
- 5+ years of experience with managing complex
- 5+ years of experience with managing, coaching, and
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps and automation
frameworks: Chef, Docker, Puppet, or Jenkins
- 5+ years of experience with NetOps / SysOps
- Knowledge of data storage, file systems, relational
databases, SQL, etc.