Job Code: 9018BR
Primary Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full Time
The IT/IS Engineering Operations team at Boart Longyear is looking for a talented and experienced Oracle Engineer with a strong background in developing and integrating products into Oracle E-Business Suite. We are looking for a self-motivated and proactive problem solver with a knack for troubleshooting and creating smart and maintainable solutions. This is a senior level hands-on role responsible for development, integration, and maintenance of our EBS environment.
- Understanding business processes and requirements and translate them to specific EBS application and functional requirements
- Evaluate and integrate third party products and solutions into existing products and software suites
- Build and develop new functionality and enhancements in our EBS environment
- Detect, troubleshoot, and resolve software defects and integration issues
- Provide Oracle EBS technical support using Oracle developer tools such as PL/SQL, XML-Publisher, Oracle Reports, Oracle Workflow Builder, Oracle Forms, etc.
- Work closely with experienced staff and/or 3rd party contractors to provide smart and supportable solutions
- Recommend process improvements to maximize benefits, improve efficiencies, and minimize costs
- Ensure high standards of availability, scalability, and extensibility of internally developed applications
- Help create project estimates and plans and communicate the status of initiatives to stakeholders and leadership
- Develop technical documentation in a clear and concise manner
- Ensure compliance with IT Policies and Procedures
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar required; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
- 5+ years of experience working with Oracle E-Business Suite with hands-on experience in development, integration, upgrades, and support, specifically up to Oracle Release 12
- 5+ years of experience managing and securing UNIX, and Linux environments
- 3+ years of experience working with vendors and 3rd party contractors for project delivery and products
- Strong skills for teamwork and interdepartmental communications
- Proven ability to complete multiple tasks independently
- Problem solving – self-motivated – do it right attitude
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies. It also has a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service, energy, mine dewatering, oil sands exploration, production drilling, and down-hole instrumentation.
*All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test*
Boart Longyear does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Boart Longyear does business.