Job Code: 9045BR
Primary Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Supply Chain
– Adelaide Based
– Global Mining Contractor
– Permanent Opportunity
Boart Longyear is an integrated drilling services and drilling products provider, producing, manufacturing and operating equipment for the minerals industry, with a drilling presence in water exploration, environmental sampling, energy and oil sands exploration. The Company operates in the Asia Pacific region, Canada, USA, South America, Europe and Africa.
As a Storeperson/Buyer you will be responsible for receiving, storing and issuing material in direct support of the ongoing drilling and maintenance operations in the zone, whilst also providing capacity as a Drilling Services buyer supporting the existing team. Key measurements of success will include: Safe workplace, accurate and high-quality inventory control, efficient and on-time delivery of goods to customers, maintenance of supply chain procurement metrics to specified standards while complying with Boartlongyear global policies and procedures.
*Fulfils orders for material, managing timely receipt and issue of goods to customers and sites, including the completion of material transactions in ERP system.
*Verifies material shipping records for accuracy, resolves material handling questions, resolve concerns of shipping shortages and/or material overages, including addressing any issues/problems with warehouse inventory control.
*Maintains physical security of material, and maintains stock/inventory in good condition, notifies supervisor of any inventory quality issues or suspected security issues.
*Performs all inventory counts as directed, while complying with Boartlongyear inventory and related Blast policies.
*Ensures stock is placed neatly on the shelves and that material status is clearly identifiable. Complying with storing and safety load limits.
*Ensures that lifting equipment is available, fit for use and adheres to company guidelines on proper lifting techniques
*Complies with all import/export transportation regulations, BLY policies including documentation, packing, shipping and reporting.
*Complies with BLY EH&S policies and guidance regarding material handling techniques, hazardous material storage and shipment, and all other related d inventory tasks as directed by Materials Manager or Warehouse Supervisor/Lead.
- Will pursue the timely creation and conversion of purchase requisitions into purchase orders or internal sales orders for all operational and maintenance requirements, including functional support areas where applicable
- Drive Business Process Improvement (BPI) initiatives
- Share the responsibility with Perth Distribution Centre for the management and performance of local Forward Stocking Locations (FSL’s)
- Interpret and administer company policies and workplace procedures while driving compliance within the workplace
Key knowledge, Skills and Experience include:
- Experience/knowledge working in a similar capacity
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders and build relationships
- Understanding of working safely
- Experience working with supply chain functions, warehouse management systems and procurement practices
- Hold a current and Driver’s License
- Forklift license advantageous
- Tertiary qualification or progress towards in a related field is desirable
If you are successful to the next stage you must be able to provide two current references and a National Police Clearance, and pass a company medical.