Control Systems Engineer
Job Code: 9120BR
Primary Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Job Type: Full Time
Boart Longyear has been a leading provider of drilling products and services to the global minerals industry for over 125 years. As the industry’s only integrated drilling services and products provider, we combine engineering excellence, global manufacturing facilities and the most experienced drilling services group in the business.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Control Systems Engineer to support the development and integration of controls systems for Boart Longyear drilling machines and equipment. As a member of the Global Research and Development team, based in Adelaide, you will have a significant part to play in the application of control system technologies for our drilling rigs and associated equipment.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for the design, configuration and implementation of control systems within multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Research new and emerging technologies for integration into BLY’s control systems.
- Ensure the technical direction for control systems development is adhered to for drilling machine development projects in an R&D, internal operations and product offering environments.
- Offer design expertise and advice to the engineering team with respect to electrical and controls system engineering requirements.
- Be able to work independently while being receptive to input from peer engineer team members.
- Contribute to the global product framework with respect to control system implementation for the product road map.
The successful candidate will have relevant tertiary qualifications (Mechatronics, Electrical, Instrumentation & Control or Computer Science) and experience with developing control systems using CODESYS. Exposure to control system development in an industrial environment (mining, manufacturing or factory automation), an understanding of relevant machine design standards (ISO13849, AS4024, ASNZ3000) and exposure to ifm hardware will be highly regarded. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are organise your own tasks as required. Occasional national and international travel is a requirement of the position.
With multiple projects currently underway, it’s an exciting time to join the team. What are you waiting for?