Director of Product Management
Job Code: 9149BR
Primary Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Product Management
The primary function of the Director of Product Management is to lead and manage the product management team and the key functions including: Product Life cycle management, product specifications, sales force and customer training, market analysis and segmentation, new product development and rollout, improve product line profitability in conjunction with the commercial team, and interface with manufacturing and supply chain as part of the overall strategy of BLYs products business. This position will have at least 3 direct reports and require about 30% travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- 5+ years of experience managing a Product Management team
- 5+ years developing and implementing product portfolio strategies.
- Proficient in analytical and strategic planning, organization, time-management abilities and strong commercial acumen
- Must be capable of handling numerous projects concurrently.
- Excellent leadership and management skills; demonstrated ability to develop others.
- Ability to independently learn and understand technical, regulatory, and external issues.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external parties in a collaborative, positive manner, representing the Company’s interests.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite – Specifically Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and MS Visio.
- Interface with Finance, Manufacturing and Supply Chain
- Ensure global regulatory compliance
- Obtain necessary product approvals
- Proven ability to implement strategies and deliver on initiatives in a matrix organization environment
- Budget and manage annual departmental costs
- Coordinate with manufacturing and supply chain to set plant manufacturing levels and supply targets based on monthly sales forecasts provided by Products and Drilling Services
- Identify training and development needs of products personnel and schedule/implement needed training programs
- Manage product portfolio including number of SKUs and global supply strategies
- Provide product roadmap for existing products and develop business cases for new products and markets to deliver the company’s EBITDA growth targets
- Provide pricing management as part of the overall Products pricing strategy
- Other duties as needed
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture. We also know you want a company that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation plan
- Full medical benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Global Exposure
- Room for advancement
About Boart Longyear:
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies. It also has a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service, energy, mine de-watering, oil sands exploration, production drilling, and down-hole instrumentation.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
*All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test*
Boart Longyear does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Boart Longyear does business.