Job Code: 9358BR
Primary Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Finance and Accounting
Boart Longyear is seeking a Payroll Processor for its Salt Lake City Shared Service Center. This position reports to the Americas Controller. The Payroll Processor is responsible for processing payroll for the US and Canada and all associated duties including year-end reporting.
Essential Job Functions/Duties
- Process Weekly Payroll in USA using ADP Payforce from start to finish including final pay
- Process Unionized Bi-weekly payroll in Canada for the manufacturing group using Ceridian HPL and Timezone (Time and Attendance)
- Create Payroll Reports for Payroll Administrators
- Process garnishments (Legal, Child Support, etc.)
- Oracle Time keeping software admin
- Experience in Excel
- Review and submit for payment ADP invoices
- Education minimum: high school diploma; Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting a plus.
- Two to three years’ US multi-state payroll experience and Canadian payroll required
- Experience with ADP and Ceridian required
- High level of data entry accuracy a must.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet established deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated, customer service-focused, detail oriented and flexible.
- Ability to work additional hours during payroll processing, year-end reporting or other times as needed
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture. We also know you want a company that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation plan
- Full medical benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Room for advancement
- Fun and relaxed work environment
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies. It also has a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service, energy, mine de-watering, oil sands exploration, production drilling, and down-hole instrumentation. Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com to get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test. Boart Longyear does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Boart Longyear does business