Boart Longyear is hiring a new Product Sales representative to cover the North Eastern United States. To be considered you must be currently living in a major city in the North Eastern United States. If you have any experience in civil construction or environmental drilling, please reach out to us today.
As the Product Sales Rep you will be responsible for owning and advancing the sales process in assigned account(s). You will be organizing and directing resources to achieve financial goals with both current and new customers.
You will need to create and execute account management plans and understand your available market. You will need to be comfortable developing executive level relationships along with end users, execute management mapping, and define a service and support strategy are requirements of the position. This position is a focal point for internal and external communications and meeting sales objectives. You will also need to provide forecasts of your customer demands, provides product definition input, and understand the customer market.
- Bachelor’s degree – Communications or Business preferred or equivalent work experience
- At least 5+ years’ experience in relevant sales roles, preferably with experience in both direct sales and indirect sales
- 3+ years of experience in B-to-B sales with a focus on mining, construction, heavy equipment, or related industries.
- Experience working in a sales area covering multiple states a strong plus
- Identifies programs to gain share, meet or exceed financial objectives, organize and direct resources to support customer.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales needs a client might have.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture. We also know you want a company that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation plan
- Full medical benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Room for advancement
- Fun and relaxed work environment
About Boart Longyear
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies. It also has a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service, energy, mine de-watering, oil sands exploration, production drilling, and down-hole instrumentation.
The Global Drilling Services division operates for a diverse mining customer base spanning a wide range of commodities, including copper, gold, nickel, zinc, uranium, and other metals and minerals. The Global Products division designs, manufactures and sells drilling equipment, performance tooling, down-hole instrumentation and parts and services.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.