Senior Tax Accountant
Job Code: 9344BR
Primary Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Finance and Accounting
Boart Longyear is a global mineral exploration company celebrating its 125th anniversary. It is headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT with operations around the globe. The company provides mineral exploration services and drilling products for the global mining industry and has a presence in drilling water exploration, environmental sampling, energy, and oil sands exploration. We are seeking a Senior Tax Accountant.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, tax accounting, or related field.
- At least 3 years of professional experience with a large accounting firm or equivalent corporate tax department with knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of corporate income taxation.
- Must demonstrate strong time management skills and be able to effectively prioritize and complete multiple assignments/projects within established deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and organized.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to identify and define problems, gather and review data, assess the alternatives, interpret the results, manage the risk, and effectively communicate findings.
- Must be able to work effectively in team situations and establish strong relationships with other individuals and teams inside and outside the tax department.
- Must be able to follow established procedures while performing assigned tasks.
- Proficiency in Corptax software a plus.
- Must be able to perform tax research and analysis necessary to support positions that are taken on projects and tax returns.
- This position will follow established procedures and work under supervision in performing income tax duties broad in nature in a team environment. The position will require the ability to identify and define problems, gather and review data, assess the risk of alternatives, interpret the results, and effectively communicate the findings.
- Work on the annual US domestic and international tax compliance, transfer pricing and local country projects.
- Assist with the preparation of tax returns and provisions.
- Assist with ensuring that tax activities are compliant with corporate policies and procedures and that reserves are identified and accurately recorded.
- Other duties as needed
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture. We also know you want a company that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation plan
- Full medical benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Fun and relaxed work environment
About Boart Longyear
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies. It also has a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service, energy, mine de-watering, oil sands exploration, production drilling, and down-hole instrumentation.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
*All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test*
Boart Longyear does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Boart Longyear does business.