Driller – UG Coring – Canada
Job Code: 9545BR
Primary Location: Haileybury, ON
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Drilling Services
Job Summary:To deliver a quality product as per customer specifications, in a safe cost effective manner, while complying with Boart Longyear’s operational performance targets, safety initiatives, and company policies and procedures.Drilling is hard physical work carried out in difficult and often extreme climatic conditions. Incumbents put up with dust, dirt, mud, grease, insects, wildlife, altitude, extreme temperatures and other outdoor and manualwork related conditions. The work may be underground or on the surface. Worksites can be almost anywhere and are usually located in remote areas with little or no access to towns or normal amenities. Working time is typically arranged in rosters and away from your home; you eat, sleep and live close tothe job with your colleagues and return home for the scheduled breaks.Position Responsibilities:
- Underground Drill Site Set-Up.
- Scaling and Pre-Operation Inspection.
- Inserting/Pulling Rods.
- Undeground Drill Take-down/Move/Maintenance.
- Be physically fit for work.
- Work under instructions of a supervisor or Division manager. Daily routine work is accomplished with more or less direction depending on the competency level.
- Perform without supervision tasks for which competency has been assessed and perform other required tasks under supervision. Apply Boart Longyear standard work procedures.
- Monitor a safe workplace, maintain workplace safety and apply risk management processes for elimination of work related injuries, damage to equipment and incident-related lost time.
- Identify and minimize environmental hazards.
- Run on-site operations, implement operational plan and develop work priorities.
- Set up and prepare for daily drilling operations.
- Conduct drilling using sound drilling practices and techniques.
- Address customer needs.
- Carry out operational maintenance.
- Maintain accurate operating records, including daily drill reports and inventory logs.
- Contribute to and establish effective workplace relationships.
- Provide training through instruction and demonstration of work skills, coaching and mentoring to other field employees.
- Actively pursue competency assigned in training plan.
- Respond to problems.
Boart Longyear welcomes and encouragesapplications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available onrequest for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process asper the guidelines of the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act(AODA).
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to perform alljob-related tasks.
- 2+ years of directly related experience.
- Exposure to different drilling environments and techniques ispreferred.
- This position requires the successful candidate to meet Fitness forDuty program.
- First Aid and H2S.
- Common Core (Records need to be submitted).