Job Code: 9488BR
Primary Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full Time
Boart Longyear is looking to hire a new Materials Manager at our Operations Center in West Valley, Utah. This position is responsible to manage all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, cost & warehouse, to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time. This position is also partly responsible to develop and manage all supplier relationships.
Boart Longyear is a 700 million global public company headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah with offices and operations in 30 countries with over 5,000 employees. Boart Longyear is a world leader in the design, development and manufacturing of products for the mining, environmental, energy and construction markets. We deliver the most effective drilling solutions in the widest variety of drilling applications and provides industry-leading expertise to our customers around the world.
- Establish procedures and supervise the annual physical inventory. This includes the taking and valuing of the year-end physical inventory.
- Oversee the storage of purchase parts.
- Manage inventory of Production line products to ensuring precision of bill of materials and accurate job costing of required or additional materials.
- Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates make versus buy, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements.
- Manage information send to suppliers to assure that we have sufficient materials on hand, this includes Consignment & Kanban to cover current production demand & forecasted demand.
- Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions.
- Support and monitor Purchasing Department objectives of inventory reduction, materials management, and on time vendor delivery.
- Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
- Performs analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build to forecast plans to maintain a healthy Kanban system.
- Prepares customer delivery reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends and uses information to proactively communicate potential late deliveries.
- Establishes and supervises production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors that affect schedules.
- Complete the End of Month process (EOM) within two days.
Perks, Benefits and Compensation: We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture. We also know you want a company that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Effectively interacts with Production and Engineering teams to maintain product supply and introduction of new products.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Process Engineering, Sourcing and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, machining and assembly operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
- Achieves financial objectives by working with management group to prepare the materials budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
- Participates in MRB (material review board) meetings to resolve quality issues working with both internal and external resources.
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy to meet the company’s business growth.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work area.
- Establish SOP’s (standard operating procedures) and WI’s (work instructions) for all functions within the Materials Manager position and for direct reports.
- Responsible for the motivation and development of subordinates to optimize their performance and their personal and professional growth.
- Strong compensation plan
- Full medical benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Global Exposure
- Room for advancement
About Boart Longyear:
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies. It also has a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service, energy, mine de-watering, oil sands exploration, production drilling, and down-hole instrumentation.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
*All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test*
Boart Longyear does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Boart Longyear does business.