Global Manager of Compensation & Benefits
Job Code: 9557BR
Primary Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Human Resources
As the Global Compensation & Benefits Manager for a global drilling services company, the successful incumbent will be responsible for helping in the design, administration and implementation of total compensation and benefits programs, including market data analysis, variable pays programs, incentive programs, compensation systems and job evaluation; will also assist in the development and administration of worldwide compensation programs & policies. Most of this job will be focused on Compensation and will assist with Benefits. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. CCP designation preferred.
- 8-10 years of Compensation and Benefits experience. Experience in Executive Compensation a plus.
- Experience working in a private equity environment a plus.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis as applied to compensation practices and market analysis.
- Familiar with job evaluation, including the concepts of levels and grades
- Strong understanding of wage and hour laws, FLSA classifications, and exemption tests.
- Expert in Excel, including functions & graphs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills and is able to work under firm deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong HRIS skills including report writing
- Prior experience in international remuneration desired, but not required.
- Strong project management skills
- Design and administer multiple bonus plans
- Design and administer aspects of annual performance review/merit increase and bonus cycles.
- Creates and maintains global salary range system, including periodic evaluation of levels/grades/bands used and annual range movement.
- Job Evaluation & Market / Equity Analysis
- Identifies benchmark positions and related market information.
- Prepare internal equity and market analyses for specified positions, recommending an appropriate course of action.
- Exercise sound business judgment in providing advice on compensation policies and procedures.
- Assist with global online rewards & recognition program, including years-of-service, performance awards, and special achievement programs.
- Assist with Executive Compensation
- Participates on acquisition projects, integration and rapid growth.
- Develops compensation employee communication materials
- Develops and presents manager and employee training as required
- Assist in preparation of materials for senior executives and board of directors
- Assist in global benefits plan coordination and cost sharing analysis in all countries and assist with local administration of plans for the United States, including enrollment, eligibility, cost audits, annual plan design changes, and program improvements.
- Work effectively with HR Business Partners to meet the needs of management and employees
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
- Act as the primary point of contact for all external surveys.
- Track and monitor survey participation, including costs & due dates.
- Recommend survey process improvements and continually look for new market data sources
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture. We also know you want a company that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
About Boart LongyearEstablished in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies. It also has a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service, energy, mine de-watering, oil sands exploration, production drilling, and down-hole instrumentation. Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Strong compensation plan
- Full medical benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Fun and relaxed work environment with all the free coffee you can drink
*All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test*
Boart Longyear does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Boart Longyear does business.