Lean Manufacturing Supervisor
Job Code: 9587BR
Primary Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Other Locations: Job Type: Full Time
Boart Longyear is growing and looking to hire a new Lean Manufacturing Supervisor in our Salt Lake City Bit Plant. The Lean Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for defining, maintaining and tracking Continuous improvement strategies and initiatives across their assigned Boart Longyear factory.
The manager will also manage and coach Operational Excellence Resources in each factory to ensure the process best practice and structured improvement initiatives are well defined and tracked per entity.
- Work to simplify, standardize and improve the process capability of critical processes with the plant to reduce variation and improve quality output (use of statistical process monitoring and controls)
- Support the definition, yearly refresh and implementation of structured continuous improvement activities across plant in accordance with global best practices
- Work to implement and improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness and Lean best practices in Cellular manufacturing environment
- Implement strategies to rapidly improve and sustain manufacturing efficiencies such as visual management, SMED, Standard work, Skills matrixes etc
- Work to reduce process variance and improve quality of critical manufacturing processes
- Build a sustainable frontline lean culture
- Work to standardize key Supply Chain and Manufacturing business processes
Key skill requirement:
- Proven improvement experience in either cellular, functional machine shops or continuous flow manufacturing plants with tight specifications around chemical process control
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Deep knowledge of business improvement philosophies and their respective tools – e.g. Lean, six sigma, TOC
- Deep understanding of process capability and control philosophies
- Deep understanding of the basics of project management
- Strong communication, presentation, relationship building and strategic planning skills
- Strong time management, goal setting, and task prioritization abilities
- Proficiency in reporting project progress through dashboard presentations, project metrics, trend analysis, executive reporting
- Computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office and project management software
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in engineering, supply chain mgmt, business process improvement, consulting and/or project mgmt.
- Chemical or metallurgical engineering background or degree an advantage
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in business improvement, consulting or equivalent within the supply chain or manufacturing space
- Proven track record of operational improvement success
- Formal lean/ six sigma training an advantage
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture. We also know you want a company that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation plan
- Full medical benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Room for advancement
- Fun and relaxed work environment
About Boart Longyear
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies. It also has a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service, energy, mine de-watering, oil sands exploration, production drilling, and down-hole instrumentation.
The Global Products division designs, manufactures and sells drilling equipment, performance tooling, down-hole instrumentation and parts and services.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.