Job Code: 9486BR
Primary Location: Forrestfield, Western Australia
Other Locations: Job Type: Full Time
Category: Sales & Marketing
Boart Longyear Products Division is a leading provider of drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies globally. Our range of highly productive drill rigs and performance tooling is suited to a variety of applications including, mining, mineral exploration, energy and environmental sampling.
We are now seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Technical Representative to join our Geological Data Services Team.
Based in Adelaide, with regular travel to site, the primary purpose of this role is to assess and manage technical issues, and to conduct field validation trials for new and existing products across our Geological Data Services range.
- Provide regular onsite technical support to customers on the use of our Geological Data Services offering.
- Liaise with customers and assist with technical issues, warranty claims and other ad hoc service issues.
- Troubleshoot and conduct technical investigations as required to support the resolution of any problems.
- Conduct product testing with new and existing customer, to assess and improve product performance.
- Work with key internal and external stakeholders to develop new business, including: identifying new opportunities, coordinating onsite product trials with prospective new customers and input into new product development.
- Travel regularly within the Asia Pacific region, including on short notice, in order to fulfil the above responsibilities.
Key Capability Requirements:
- Diamond Drilling experience (minimum of 6 months)
- Solid understanding of Drilling/ Mining products and experience in the Mining and Exploration drilling processes. Technical proficiently in Boart Longyear Drilling products is desired but not essential
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to maintain relationships with key account customers and internal team.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Attention to detail and strong initiative
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- A current drivers licence
- Ability to travel on a regular basis on short notice
- Ability to successfully pass drug and alcohol screening and medical assessments
- 4WD and Senior First Aid (preferred)
If you are interested in this excellent career opportunity, please apply now!