Job Code: 9701BR
Primary Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Drilling Services
DS – Operations Project Coordinator
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the success of project planning and coordination with the North Coring Division. The successful Project Coordinator will be able to multitask and prioritize competing tasks with deadlines and demonstrate the ability to make the best decisions under pressure from customers on various projects in different stages of completion. They are a strong proactive team player, possessing creative problem-solving skills, and demonstrating good business judgment. This position requires the Project Coordinator to be effective in collaborating across the organization in achieving divisional goals.
* Support drilling projects in the planning, mobilization, execution and demobilization phases through the application of project management methodology.
* Coordinates personnel and equipment logistics as per project schedule requirements.
* Coordinates with Support services such as SCM, EHS, and Fleet departments and acts as the primary liaison between these groups.
* Ensure relevant operational systems, processes and practices exist, are understood, and applied consistently throughout the Division. Ensure alignment to global BLY operating standards, systems, and metrics.
* Identify risks / hazards and ensure correction and preventative actions are implemented.
* Ensure compliance with local laws and Boart Longyear policies & procedures.
* Act with integrity and consistently represent the interests of Boart Longyear.
* Other duties as needed.
* Bachelor’s degree; or diploma in a related field; or appropriate certification preferred. Project Management experience in a related industry will be considered as equivalent. Knowledge of Drilling/ Mining preferred
* Effective project management skillset
* A proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully coordinate the efforts of internal and external resources in a timely and accurate manner.
* Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including professional presentation and facilitation skills * The ability to self-manage and work cooperatively both in a team environment and independently
* Strong computer literacy (MS Office).
* Preferable to speak more than 1 language.
*Some travel may be required