Job Code: 9763BR
Primary Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full Time
Boart Longyear is a trusted partner and global leader in providing world-class drilling services and products to the global mining industry. The company also services industries in water exploration, environmental sampling, energy, and oil sands exploration. The Company has a unique ability to manufacture and deliver a variety of tooling, equipment and expertise direct to customers around the world. Boart Longyear conducts contract drilling services in more than 40 countries, and provides mining products to customers in over 100 countries.
- 2 years heavy duty large produce manual machining experience
- 6AM to 6PM Monday thru Thursday. Weekends as required.
- 2 years’ operating Horizontal Lathe (manual & CNC)
- Able to measure parts and do quality checks using inspection tools
- Set up and operation of machinery
- Read blueprints, job orders, tooling instructions, or standard charts to determine specifications and machining procedures
- Use of various tools: turning, facing, grooving, cut-off, boring
Inspecting tooling: micrometers, calipers, dial indicators and templates
- Have strong math skills
- CNC, Lathes and Mill experience
- Manual Lathe
- Limited supervisior
- Pass a drug screen
- Pass a background check
- Have a good driving record
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Education and Experience Typically requires a High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
Boart Longyear offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k program with employer match, tuition reimbursement, and much more!