Support and implement the field/project operation standards of the SLC Rotary division, based out of our West Valley Ops Center. As part of the Operations Management team, your focus will be on maintaining excellent customer relationships, as well as ensuring strong operational standards.
Reporting to the Operations Manager – SLC Rotary, the key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Working cooperatively within the Operations Management team to deliver growth and profitability safely.
o Review and enter DDR’s
o Measure costs vs. bid (specifically Labor & Consumables)
o Review job cost for each project.
o Verify all revenue earned has been released
o Ensure all invoices have been sent per contract schedule
o Identify any costs (consumables) that need deferred.
o Ensure all open PO’s that should have a PO receipt competed have been done
o Review overall Project Gross Margin in on target and at expected levels
- Promote and assist effective on-the-job learning and development of operational employees.
- Identify risks / hazards and ensure corrections are implemented.
- Provide leadership on operational matters including drilling technical issues, drills and ancillary equipment, and ensuring competency development.
- Assist in ensuring EHS policy and procedure is effectively communicated and implemented.
- Partner with staffing to identify and hire top talent.
- Set performance expectations for employees and manage appropriately.
- Coordinate personnel and equipment logistics to ensure that job demands are met per customer requirements.
o Assemble project documents for the drill crew
o Coordinate crew travel and lodging
o Order project specific consumables and materials
o Coordinate site specific training
o Coordinate mobilization/demobilization efforts
With relevant drilling industry knowledge, along with effective project management skills, you will possess the ability to satisfy our customers’ needs from a drilling standard point of view. This position will play an integral role in the success of this new division, making it essential that you have an excellent understanding of field operational issues and standards.
The following skills & attributes are identified as key requirements for the successful incumbent:
- Experience within an operational environment will be highly regarded.
- Strong knowledge of drilling. 5 plus years’ experience.
- Effective project management.
- Superior management and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Works collaboratively across the organization.
- Effective time and priority management.
- Computer literate (MS Office).