Human Resource Generalist
Job Code: 9875BR
Primary Location: Elko, NV
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Human Resources
Boart Longyear is accepting resumes for the role of an HR Generalist based in Elko, NV. As the HR Generalist, you will provide leadership for Talent Acquisition and Employee Relations. Effectively represent and market the Boart Longyear brand, our business objectives, and career opportunities to potential candidates. Serve as key HR contact and partner to drive recruitment objectives and implementation. Assist with Employee Relations, Performance Management, Compensation & Benefits, Organizational Effectiveness and Culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 6+ years recruiting and HR experience with demonstrated track record of filling multiple roles in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience prioritizing and managing multiple assignments concurrently, performing well under pressure, and meeting deadlines, while ensuring acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Excellent communication skills — written and verbal.
- Experience with Oracle software a strong plus but not required
- Proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Approximately 60% of the job will be recruitment responsibilities and 40% will be generalist responsibilities.
- Proactively develop and execute recruitment strategies that drive quality-of-hire and time to fill
- Be a trusted adviser by developing strong and effective partnerships with operational leaders and employees to advance talent acquisition initiatives
- Build strong, diverse candidate pipelines and develop relationships with candidates for future opportunities
- Create a stellar candidate experience in identifying and anticipating candidate needs, following issues to closure, collaborating with key stakeholders to maximize candidate experience and meet the expectations of the business.
- Understand the industry and apply knowledge of the marketplace to help fill positions.
- Partner with HR Manager regarding all matters of compliance and disciplinary actions.
- Oversee, interpret, and administer company policies, workplace procedures, and government regulations.
- Build and maintain operational metrics for headcount, attrition, labor costs and other projects, as required.
- Other duties as required
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture. We also know you want a company that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation plan
- Full medical benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Fun and relaxed work environment
About Boart Longyear
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies. It also has a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service, energy, mine de-watering, oil sands exploration, production drilling, and down-hole instrumentation.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
*All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test*
Boart Longyear does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Boart Longyear does business.