Customer Service Representative
Job Code: 9870BR
Primary Location: North Bay, ON
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Sales & Marketing
As a Customer Service Representative, your role will be to support the sale of our globally manufactured items to our customer base to ensure their requirements are clearly understood and delivery commitments are met. From the preparation and processing of sales orders; to liaising with internal departments to provide technical support, this role is key to our continued business success.
Motivated and energetic, you have always been a team player but you thrive on challenges and the opportunity to expand your role and, with that, a company’s success. You will have superior computer skills, particularly in MS Office and computed based ERP systems (ideally Oracle).
- Prepare and manage Quotes and Sale Orders throughout its life cycle
- Support Customers (ex: product availability and price; invoices, shipment date, claims, etc.)
- Work closely with Sales Manager
- Process and manage Claims and Return of Material Authorization (RMA)
- Manage key operational reports and ascertain compliance with established key performance indicators
- Support Credit/Finance organization of the resolution of Sales Order credit/financial hold issues
- Create Invoices and other customer facing documents
- Maintain customers and sales records up-to-date in compliance with BLY record retention policy
- Compile export documentation and ensure compliance with Trade Compliance rules and regulations (as applicable to the Region)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on MS Excel
- Excellent data entry skills
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires a High School diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 3+ years of directly related experience
- Formal qualification or training in customer service is an asset
- Formal qualifications or training in computer systems (ie: Microsoft) is an asset
- Technical background is an advantage
- Experience in the Customer Service, quote processes, order processing, contact with customer is a must.
- Experience with Order tracking or ticketing systems, applications, database, internet (i.e., SharePoint), sales and contact management software
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- Experience in reading/understanding Technical Catalogues, in both hard/electronic versions, is desirable.
- Experience in ERP systems and concepts (Oracle or similar Database operating system) is preferred
- Knowledge of purchasing or warehousing software
- Experience/knowledge in Supply Chain activities is desirable
- Knowledge of and operational experience in international distribution and warehousing
- Used to working with & understand Inventory Management department and Procurement department
- General knowledge of customs procedure
- Experience in the mining industry is preferable but not required
- Knowledge of Boart Longyear’s products or drilling equipment is an substantial advantage
- Team Orientated. Must be able to work in a team-driven environment and take additional responsibilities as required.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with a range of internal stakeholders
- Customer focused and/or customer oriented
- Continuous improvement and system enhancement focused
- Proactive and self-driven
- Maintaining integrity and honesty
- Good problem solver and/or solutions focused
- Compliant to company guidelines
- Ability to handle conflict and multiple priorities
Boart Longyear welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per the guidelines of the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).