Product Design Engineer
Job Code: 9871BR
Primary Location: North Bay, ON
Job Type: Full Time
Boart Longyear is seeking a Design Engineer to work from its North Bay, Ontario location.
- Must hold a 4 Year degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university – Certifiable by PEO
- 2-5 years related experience
Personal Attributes and Experience:
- Structural design and detailing and for mobile equipment
- Working knowledge of hydraulics / electrics
- Pro Engineer Creo / Windchill / Ansys experience preferred.
- Must be able to work well as part of a global team.
- Develop designs and models for Capital Equipment components and assemblies in Creo
- Provide Engineering calculations as required to a level expected of a Mechanical Engineer
- Produce manufacturing drawings from 3D models in Creo
- Manage small to intermediate sized projects as required
- Managing Engineering Data in Windchill
- Develop standardized test procedures for new products
- Occasional field visits with customers to determine application details.
- Work with outside suppliers to develop production specifications and CAD documentation for components and assemblies for
- a) the plant with consideration for our processes and tolerancing capabilities
- b) vendors which may require visits to determine requirements or capabilities.
- CAD documentation may be reviewed/ approved by the Engineering Manager
- For new items: issuing new part numbers, providing Engineering information to buyers and production planners, expediting parts to meet project deadlines
- For existing items: Documentation revisions as directed, issuing Engineering change notices
- Some overseas travel may be required
About Boart Longyear:
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world‘s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies with a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service.
The Global Drilling Services division operates for a diverse mining customer base spanning a wide range of commodities, including copper, gold, nickel, zinc, uranium and other metals and minerals. The Global Products division designs, manufactures and sells drilling equipment, performance tooling, down-hole instrumentation and parts and services.
Boart Longyear is headquarterd in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX-BLY). More information on Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To obtain Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.
Boart Longyear welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per the guidelines of the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)