Job Code: 9932BR
Primary Location: North Bay, ON
Job Type: Full Time
Boart Longyear is accepting resumes for the role of Stockroom Labourer based in North Bay, Ontario. In this position, you will be required to contribute to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that compliments the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize, support and safety) are supported and adhered to.
- Boart Longyear is committed to high quality, safety, environmental and continuous improvement practices. Applicants should be able to demonstrate shared values in this area.
- Must have forklift experience and a Valid Driver’s License
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in accordance with all safety policies and procedures
- Familiar with ISO Standards would be an asset
- Perform manual and clerical duties related to general warehousing duties
- Prepare and pack goods for shipment
- Load and unload freight carriers
- Operate forklift
- Bundling of rods
- Data entry skills (numeric and alpha)
- Utilizes small hand tools and operates material handling equipment
- Perform housekeeping activities
- This position requires ongoing physical demands including lifting, bending, walking, standing. The ability to work rotating shift schedules including 12-hour shifts (when and if) are required.
About Boart Longyear:
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies with a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service. The company provides mineral exploration services and drilling products for the global mining industry and has a presence in drilling water exploration, environmental sampling, energy, and oil sands exploration.
The Global Drilling Services division operates for a diverse mining customer base spanning a wide range of commodities, including copper, gold, nickel, zinc, uranium and other metals and minerals. The Global Products division designs, manufactures and sells drilling equipment, performance tooling, down-hole instrumentation and parts and services.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA with operations around the globe in 40 countries with 5,000 employees. We are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Boart Longyear welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per the guidelines of the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Di