EHS&T Regional Manager – Canada
Job Code: 10074BR
Primary Location: Saskatoon, SK
Job Type: Full Time
Boart Longyear is looking to hire a new EHS&T Manager based out of Saskatoon, SK for our Canadian operation. The EHS Regional Manager will partner with field staff, field supervisors, and management to provide a safe workplace. You will be participating in training, audits and improvement plans.
Boart Longyear has been a leading provider of drilling services and products to the global resource industry for over 120 years. We have a strong reputation as an employer of choice and are looking for capable professionals to grow their careers with us.
- Manage a team of EHST professionals across the country in multiple business lines, ensuring operational leadership is provided with clear direction on regulatory compliance and safety leadership.
- Coach, mentor and develop EHST employees using company development programs.
- Ownership of Lagging and Leading Indicator KPI programs. Generate reports and updated teams on compliance and progress to targets. Prepare and monitor annual KPI programs specific to the region and collaborate with corporate EHST leadership on setting targets.
- Engage proactively with clients promoting our EHST Systems and company best practices.
- Routinely conduct work-place audits (shop/office facilities, manufacturing plants) and rig inspections to monitor work activities and ensure compliance with client, company, and government regulations.
- Assign proactive and corrective actions in our Global EHS Management System (GEMS) system to promote continuous improvement.
- Promote safety culture throughout all levels of the business and ensure safe production is embedded in the operating rhythm.
- Conduct post-incident investigations as required and coach EHST team to complete robust quality investigation with meaningful corrective actions.
- Manage workers compensation accounts in all operational jurisdictions. Provide injured employees and operational teams guidance to ensure claims are manager with the company’s best interests. Engage in the ongoing care of employees and help expedite their return to regular work.
- Partner with field staff to ensure the necessary training and compliance documentation is readily available.
- Take ownership of developing written programs to meet client, company, and government regulations.
- Enter incident data and other required information into GEMS. Quality check all entries in the system to ensure consistent classification to MSAH/OHSA guidelines-company standard. Ensure incident data in auditable and easily referenced in our system.
- Responsible to ensure facilities are inspected monthly at a minimum. Environmental assessments are conducted as needed.
- Obtain needed certifications to perform necessary duties, and train others; Develop additional safety skills and credentials by attending selected courses and clinics.
- Interact with safety professional, as required, and promote Boart Longyear’s delivery of safe profitability and growth.
- Assist in HR functions including, scheduling, evaluation of candidates, hiring and training all levels of the organization.
- When directed, serve as a liaison, for personnel matters, between the office personnel and field crews.
- Manage 3rd party vendors who provide professional services: claims management, environmental assessments, print collateral, training providers/institutions, COR auditors, instrument calibration, health monitoring
- University degree (or completed classes) with OHS or regulatory emphasis, or equivalent working experience.
- 5 years of field-related experience in the drilling services or mining industry.
- Certifications in industrial health and safety as an EHS professional are a strong plus. NCSO, CRSP or NEBOSH.
- Certified COR internal auditor or trained in a recognized audit protocol.
- Recognized root cause analysis certification.
- Additional industry recognized classes related to EHST and regulatory laws and compliance is an asset.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Willingness to travel as required to work sites, including overnight stays.
- Valid driver’s license with safe driving history.
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture. We also know you want a company that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect:
- Strong Compensation Plan
- Full Medical Benefits, including Dental and Vision Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Vacation Entitlement
- Fun and Relaxed Work Environment
Boart Longyear does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Boart Longyear does business.