Boart Longyear is looking to hire a new Director of Enterprise Data Architecture. This position will provide technical leadership and consulting across the organization for strategic data and application decisions. This role will take lead in developing data and application roadmaps for all functions globally. It is committed to driving digital transformation initiatives across the business. We are seeking an innovative thinker and leader who challenges those around them and inspires teams to succeed.
This role will work with the Chief Information Officer and other Sr. Leadership to anchor and mature data governance. He or She will be a primary driver for Data Governance, Technology Forethought, and Application/Data roadmaps for critical systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science and/or related discipline
- 15+ years of information technology experience in a professional environment
- 10+ years of experience developing and implementing enterprise architecture in a global environment
- Experience analyzing business requirements to meet strategic goals
- Expert knowledge of large ERP platforms (Oracle/SAP), SaaS applications, hosted systems, and cloud technologies
- Experience with and negotiating contracts for large enterprise software vendors
Technical Skills Needed:
- Experience with software vendors such as ADP, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, HFM, SalesForce, Workday, WorkFront, Software AG, and related outsourcers etc.
- Experience with AWS, MS Azure, and Google GCP clouds offerings
- Solid understanding of tablet, mobile, and endpoint solutions
- Demonstrated ability providing on-premise and cloud computing strategies, costing, and alternatives
- Experience with PLM, CRM, ERP, and eCommerce methodologies
- Experience with Sourcing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Product Warehousing, Inventory Controls, etc.
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with a variety of constituents within and outside of IT to drive cohesiveness while ensuring that architectural direction is achieved
- Experience with compute architectures: Virtualization, Hyper-V, VMWare, Hyper-Converged Systems, Storage systems, and general compute manufacturers
- Should be able to effectively interact with North/South – East/West peers, leaders and teams
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and study their relevance for use
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks
- A team-oriented and collaborative personality
- Act as a senior thought leader and lead data architecture discussions and strategies across the business
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to execute business strategy and align IT resources
- Identify technology-enabled business opportunities by using promoting technology innovations
- Establish a vision realization roadmap, ensuring significant business involvement to deliver strategic outcomes.
- Create architecture design models and standards to follow
- Integrate information security, disaster recovery, business continuity, and privacy into enterprise architecture models
- Help business leaders innovate with new technologies, such as new ways of operating the business
- Analyze current state and constraints; identify gaps between current states and desired future states
- Provide governance to help guide business and IT leaders in making the right investment
- Ensure adherence to achieving business outcome standard, principles and models
- Help business and IT leaders formulate strategy using data-driven business models and digital platforms
- Use metrics and establish KPIs to validate that the EA practice is delivering value to the organization
- Build and manage stakeholder support and involvement for team resources and architecture development
- Develop and refine roadmaps for ERP, adjacent systems and other critical applications
- Professionalism, integrity, dedication, high level of energy, strong relationship building skills, excellent critical thinking, creative problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to maintain and foster sensitivity and respect for a culturally diverse work environment
- Ability to display supportive behavior and communicate positively regarding company goals and objectives
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to fulfill assigned commitments in a timely manner
- Excellent grammar, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and resolve conflict when necessary
- Ability to make sound business decisions and able to accurately balance risks with business needs
- Strong business and financial experience (budget and resource management)
- Proven record of strategic planning, functional transformation, technology services, and sourcing
- Willingness and ability to travel intermittently domestically or internationally
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture. We also know you want a company that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation plan
- Full medical benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Global Exposure
- Room for advancement
About Boart Longyear:
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies. It also has a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service, energy, mine de-watering, oil sands exploration, production drilling, and down-hole instrumentation.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
*All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test*
Boart Longyear does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Boart Longyear does business.