Boart Longyear has an incredible opportunity for a new IT Security Engineering Manager. Reports directly to the CIO at Boart Longyear and is a member of the IT Leadership team consisting of all global IT functions. This is a hands-on role with systems, tools, access and authorization to act across all teams in support of global Cyber Security efforts.
This role supports the business by ensuring Information Security is integrated into all systems and platforms at Boart Longyear. Ensures risks are treated in a consistent and effective manner and promotes responsible security behaviors. Responsible for researching, developing, and driving the adoption of security strategies, architecture standards, design patterns, and best practices across all global systems and applications.
A successful candidate should be able to define and work within a security framework as well as provide the necessary skills to deploy, maintain, and operate security tools and platforms at an enterprise level. Overtime, this role will staff and lead a Cyber team.
Candidates should be familiar with industry standards, mitigating software, SIEM tools, typical enterprise risks, and hands on experience with key platforms that are used to prevent security breaches and identify risk.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science and/or related discipline
- 7+ years of information technology experience in a professional environment
- Experience with and knowledge of the technologies:
- Protocols/technologies like HTTP, SIP, RTP/RTCP, TLS, LDAP, SSO, SAML, OECD, JDBC, XML, SOA
- Experience analyzing business requirements to meet strategic goals.
- Experience configuring Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Servers(Windows/Unix), Storage Systems, VMWare, Public Clouds, VPN’s, etc.
- Experience scripting and/or coding
- Knowledge or ERP platforms, SaaS applications, hosted systems, and cloud technologies
Technical Skills Needed:
- Experience with network infrastructure devices and equipment from vendors such as CISCO, Fortinet, HP, Juniper, VMWare, Intel servers, Oracle, etc.
- Demonstrated ability providing cloud computing security considerations including data breaches, data loss, and DDoS attacks
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with a variety of constituents within and outside of IT to drive cohesiveness while ensuring that architectural direction is achieved
- Should be able to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external peers and teams
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and study their relevance for use
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks
- A team-oriented and collaborative personality
- Able to recognize and categorize the most common types of vulnerabilities and associated attacks
- Systems configuration skills across a broad and varied set of systems
- System configuration for various tools (Orion, Splunk, AppD, Dynatrace, LogRythm, etc.) that involve monitoring, logging, managing, alerting, and access control of systems
- Excellent knowledge of different SIEM tools and application protocol
- Strong analytical and performance tuning skills to prevent security issues
- Analyzes emerging security threats and vulnerabilities, identifies gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommends changes or enhancements
- Optimize and Automate security tool deployments and introduce scalable remediation processes across multiple engineering and operation teams
- Oversees and documents IT security aspects of the Enterprise Architecture, including vulnerability assessment, design, access, and authentication
- Works closely with other functional areas and teams to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all systems and platforms
- Coordinates the mitigation of identified risks sufficiently
- Reduce attack surface and corresponding response times
- Assists Compliance Officer in meeting business objectives and regulatory requirements
- Assists in the creation and adherence to an information security strategy
- Evaluates, deploys, and maintains secure solutions
- Researches, designs, and advocates new technologies, architectures, and products
- Produces the technical artifacts that constitute the information security architecture
- Develops requirements for local, wide, and virtual private networks, servers, storage systems, routers, firewalls, and related security devices
- Designs security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge and change
- Performs self-audit of systems relative to security policies and procedures
- Communicates security risks and solutions to partners, staff, and leadership
- Supports ethical hacking initiatives to eliminate risks
- Models various attack vectors and procedures
- Researches and recommends new industry security models, organizational strategies, and resources for presentation to Senior Leadership
- Provides post-mortem analysis and corrective action for significant security-related incidents
- Maintains systems and tools directly related to security threat protection
- Creates and delivers knowledge documentation for operations and engineering teams
- Performs other duties as assigned
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture. We also know you want a company that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation plan
- Full medical benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Global Exposure
- Room for advancement
About Boart Longyear:
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies. It also has a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service, energy, mine de-watering, oil sands exploration, production drilling, and down-hole instrumentation.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
*All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test*
Boart Longyear does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Boart Longyear does business.