Boart Longyear is accepting resumes for the role of Manufacturing Engineering Technician based in North Bay, Ontario. The Manufacturing Engineering Technician is responsible for providing manufacturing support for existing products and for developing and introducing new products and equipment.
- Boart Longyear is committed to high quality, safety, environmental and continuous improvement practices. Applicants should be able to demonstrate shared values in this area.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma -Technical Industrial/Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- LEAN manufacturing experience.
- Proven experience prioritizing and managing multiple assignments concurrently, performing well under pressure, and meeting deadlines, while ensuring acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal (French is an asset)
- Good project management skills and initiative in taking on and completing projects.
- Experience/knowledge with process and equipment validation.
- Computer Skills
- Experience with ERP / MRP Systems (ORACLE preferred)
- Working experience/knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (word, excel, outlook, etc)
- Knowledge of ISO systems
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Theories
- Knowledge of Gauging principles
- Experience in a Union shop an asset
- Valid Driver’s license an asset
- Designing and developing manufacturing procedures, tooling, and fixtures that result in sufficient capacity to meet customer demand while also promoting product quality, process efficiency, and operator safety.
- Providing production line support including, but not limited to, implementing process improvements, troubleshooting equipment, and addressing operator inquiries.
- Generating and modifying manufacturing process documentation and assuring that manufacturing processes and related documentation follow established policies and procedures.
- Utilizing LEAN, Six Sigma, and other best practice tools and principles for day-to-day problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Assisting in identifying equipment needs on the production floor and evaluating internal and external options for sourcing such equipment.
- Generating and modify component and assembly drawings.
- Developing and releasing new products using customer or internal specifications.
- Writing and executing process and equipment validations.
- Working with R&D, Marketing, Quality, and Manufacturing Departments during the concept, prototyping, and release of new products.
- Ability to use CAD/CAM software to generate 3D solid models and develop NC code
- Update & Maintain BOM in MRP system
- Implement & Track Cost Saving Initiatives
- Perform Cycle-time Improvement Studies
- Working with the Internal Audit team to perform annual schedule of quality system audits.
- Working with external vendors as needed.
- Other assignments as requested.
- Works well in a team environment
- Self-starter that seeks out opportunities for improvements
- Works well with minimal direction
- Not afraid to ask for assistance or clarification
Benefits and Compensation:
Boart Longyear provides a competitive compensation program including:
- A strong compensation plan
- Group Insurance benefits including Life & Disability programs, medical and dental
- Pension Plan
About Boart Longyear:
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies with a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service. The company provides mineral exploration services and drilling products for the global mining industry and has a presence in drilling water exploration, environmental sampling, energy, and oil sands exploration.
The Global Drilling Services division operates for a diverse mining customer base spanning a wide range of commodities, including copper, gold, nickel, zinc, uranium and other metals and minerals. The Global Products division designs, manufactures and sells drilling equipment, performance tooling, down-hole instrumentation and parts and services.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA with operations around the globe in 40 countries with 4,300 employees. We are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Boart Longyear welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per the guidelines of the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).