Boart Longyear is accepting resumes for the role of Quality Supervisor based in North Bay, Ontario. As a Quality Supervisor, you are able to provide leadership to department employees by directing, coaching, supervising and delegating as the situation requires.
Motivated and energetic, you have always been a team player but you thrive on challenges and the opportunity to expand your role and, with that, a company’s success. You will have superior computer skills, particularly in MS Office and computed based ERP systems (ideally Oracle).
- Boart Longyear is committed to high quality, safety, environmental and continuous improvement practices. Applicants should be able to demonstrate shared values in this area.
- College Degree in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent
- Supervisory Experience
- Proven experience prioritizing and managing multiple assignments concurrently, performing well under pressure, and meeting deadlines, while ensuring acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent English communication skills – written and verbal (French is an asset)
- CQE would be an asset
- Computer Skills
- Experience with ERP / MRP Systems (ORACLE preferred)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and SolidWorks Languages
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (word, excel, outlook, etc)
- Knowledge of ISO systems
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Theories
- Knowledge of Gauging principles
- Experience in a Union shop an asset
- Valid Driver’s license an asset
- Perform Failure Analysis / Reporting on Customer Claims
- Support and enhance Manufacturing Quality System
- Lead 1st Article (PPAP) activity
- Lead customer Claims Activity
- Control of Quality Management System documentation
- Develop process quality plans to promote overall continual improvement
- ISO Audits (ISO 9001:2008, 14001 and OHSAS 18001)
- Customer Claims Administration (i.e., Failure Analysis & Testing, Root Cause determination, Report Generation, etc.)
- Lead Quality Alert and containment activities throughout the facility
- Lead in the continuous improvement of production quality work instructions for use in production areas.
- Lead quality projects through effective project tracking through to completion
- NCR Administration (i.e., Root Cause Analysis, Corrective / Preventive Action, etc.)
- Maintenance of Manufacturing / Quality Management System Documentation
- Some travel may be required
- Other Tasks, as assigned
- Works well in a team environment
- Self-starter that seeks out opportunities for improvements
- Works well with minimal direction
- Not afraid to ask for assistance or clarification
Benefits and Compensation:
Boart Longyear provides a competitive compensation program including:
- A strong compensation plan
- Group Insurance benefits including Life & Disability programs, medical and dental
- Pension Plan
About Boart Longyear:
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies with a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service. The company provides mineral exploration services and drilling products for the global mining industry and has a presence in drilling water exploration, environmental sampling, energy, and oil sands exploration.
The Global Drilling Services division operates for a diverse mining customer base spanning a wide range of commodities, including copper, gold, nickel, zinc, uranium and other metals and minerals. The Global Products division designs, manufactures and sells drilling equipment, performance tooling, down-hole instrumentation and parts and services.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA with operations around the globe in 40 countries with 4,300 employees. We are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Boart Longyear welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per the guidelines of the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).