|Boart Longyear is a leading provider of drilling products and services to the global minerals industry for 125 years. As the industry’s only integrated drilling services and products provider, we combine 24 hour engineering excellence, global manufacturing and facilities and the most experienced drilling services group in the business.|
We are now seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Technical Service Operative, to join the Boart Longyear Products Team.
The Technical Service Operative is responsible for managing the day to day activities of a percussive rock tools contract. Based in Western Australia this is a permanent position which would require the successful candidate to work on a 8/ 6 days off FIFO roster out of Perth. Please note that on the day of return to Perth, the successful candidate may be required to complete additional duties in the Boart Longyear Forrestfield office.
Key role tasks:
Proactive and effective management of drilling consumables inventory on site, including safe and timely distribution (and collection) of drill consumables to (and from) underground drill rigs to ensure continuity of operation including:
- Accurate and timely completion of required paperwork to record relevant product usage and performance data.
- Reporting of product usage data and performance issues through the designated / appropriate channels in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the client and Boart Longyear technical representatives to drive continuous improvement and trouble-shoot problems where necessary
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the client (at various levels)
- Sharpening of drill bits / refurbishment of drill consumables to maximise product life and performance.
- Maintain a safe, neat and tidy working area at all times and keeping equipment in good working order
Key capability requirements:
- Underground experience (hard rock mining / drilling) -advantageous but not essential
- Experience / knowledge of percussive drilling consumables (drill and blast consumables) – advantageous but not essential
- Able to work autonomously & in a team environment
- Safety oriented with attention to detail
- Computer literate (excel an advantage)
- Receipt, Dispatch and Packaging skills
- First Aid certificate – advantageous but not essential
- ‘C ‘class vehicle license (will be driving a 4WD service ute both underground and on surface)
- Forklift license preferred
On the job training will be provided for technical aspects of the job as our main focus is to hire an individual with the right attitude and a solid work ethic.
If you are successful to the next stage you must be able to provide two current references and a National Police Clearance, and pass a company medical.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now!