Machine Operator (Rod Straightener)
Job Code: 10147BR
Primary Location: Mississauga, ON
Job Type: Full Time
*** This position will be filled in August 2019 ***.
Working in a high volume production environment, you will:
- Fabricate component parts.
- Operate and set-up a variety of machine tool equipment including numerically controlled lathes, forging dies, hydraulic/pneumatic presses and other power equipment of similar complexity.
- Read and interpret blueprints, production diagrams and assembly drawings.
- Makes measurements and shop math calculations relative to tolerances, dimensions, tooling, feed and speed. May inspect fabricated parts.
- Use pins, calipers, micrometers, gauges, and other measuring tools as required
- Inspect finished products as required to ensure they meet the required dimensions
- Verify equipment and maintain work area including housekeeping, data reporting, tool changes
- May provide numerical control (NC) programming support
- Participate in Continuous Improvement measures
- May prepare recommendations to modify shop methods or processes, relative to improved productivity and quality.
- Regard Safety as a high priority
- Perform other tasks as required and assigned
You will possess the following qualifications/attributes:
- Knowledge of Fanuc and Okuma controls
- Blueprint reading
- Strong Math skills
- Use of measuring tools
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Candidates must be able to adapt to 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts and 24/7 shift schedules.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of directly related experience
What Boart Longyear Offers:
- Competitive wage schedule
- Competitive health benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan
Boart Longyear welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per the guidelines of the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).