Job Code: 10157BR
Primary Location: Forrestfield, Western Australia
Job Type: Full Time
Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment, and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies globally. The company’s Global Drilling Services division operates in over 40 countries with a diverse mining customer base spanning a wide range of commodities, including copper, gold, nickel, zinc, uranium, and other metals and minerals.
We are currently seeking a Fleet Mechanic/Drill Fitter to work on our Surface and Underground Rigs, as well as associated equipment and vehicles, with an immediate start. This role is based in our Forrestfield Workshop on a Monday to Friday roster. We are looking for candidates who are driven, with a strong commitment to Health & Safety, and have a strong team focus. Previous experience on drill rigs is not essential, providing that you have extensive experience with truck maintenance and hydraulic repairs.
About the Role
Typical day-to-day tasks include:
- Maintenance and repairs to Boart Longyear’s Surface range LX16i ( KWL1600) LC36i (KWL700), Schramm 685, Schramm T130 UDR 1000, 1200 range, as well as associated equipment (i.e. Sullair compressors) and Underground ‘LM’ range of Drill Rigs, these are the latest electric over hydraulic drill leading the industry in exploration.
- Maintenance and repairs to Light and Heavy Vehicles (i.e. MAN, Mercedes, Tatra and Landcruiser)
- Completion of Preventative Maintenance tasks and records
- Maintaining adequate stock levels of spare parts
- Time and maintenance record keeping
- Work order creation
- Solid previous experience carrying out Drill Maintenance is essential. Experience with Surface Drill and Boart Longyear ‘LM’ range of Underground Drill experience is highly advantageous
- Knowledge and understanding of electronic control systems
- Qualifications in related field i.e. Diesel or Mechanical Fitter certification
- Solid background carrying out maintenance and repairs to light and heavy vehicles
- Fire-suppression qualification – not essential but highly advantageous
- Basic computing skills
- Current and valid HR class Driver’s License, or willing and able to obtain in a agree time frame
- National Police Clearance (less than 6 months old), or willing to obtain one
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate, or willing to obtain one
- Demonstrated personal commitment to safety
- Team player
If you are interested in this excellent career opportunity, please apply now!