EHS&T Advisor Project
Job Code: 10182BR
Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job Type: Full Time
Boart Longyear is looking to hire a new EHS&T Advisor Project based out of Phoenix, AZ. The Drilling Services EHS Advisor Project partners with field staff, field supervisors, project management, management and clients to provide a safe workplace. This position will have a more direct client role or assignment, provide full-time support to a client that operates both surface and underground operations near Phoenix, Arizona.
Boart Longyear has been a leading provider of drilling services and products to the global resource industry for over 120 years. We have a strong reputation as an employer of choice and are looking for capable professionals to grow their careers with us.
- College degree (or completed classes) with industrial emphasis. Classes related to EHS and regulatory laws and compliance strongly preferred.
- 2 years of field-related experience in the Drilling Services industry or,
- 2 years of surface mining and underground experience or,
- Equivalent experience and certifications in industrial health and safety as an EHS professional or,
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Willingness to travel, as required, to work sites, including overnight stays.
- Valid driver’s license with safe driving history.
- Routinely conduct work-place audits and rig inspections to monitor work activities and ensure compliance with client, company, and government regulations.
- Assist and/or lead start-of-hitch, daily/weekly safety meetings.
- Conduct post-incident investigations as required, including the use of RCA, 5-Why, and Taproot methodologies.
- Accompany injured employees on doctor visits to represent the company’s interest in the ongoing care of employees and their return to work.
- Partner with field staff to maintain the necessary documentation to comply with client, company, and government regulations.
- Assist with developing written programs to meet client, company, and government regulations.
- Enter incident data and other required information into the Global EHS Management System (GEMS).
- Responsible for shop safety inspections.
- Obtain needed certifications to perform necessary duties, and train others.
- Develop additional safety skills and credentials by attending selected courses and clinics.
- Interact with client safety representatives, as required, and promote Boart Longyear’s delivery of safe profitability and growth.
- Assist in HR/EHS functions including, scheduling, evaluation of candidates, hiring and training.
- When directed, serve as a liaison, for personnel matters, between the office personnel and field crews.
- Other duties as needed
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture. We also know you want a company that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation plan
- Full medical benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Fun and relaxed work environment with all the free coffee you can drink
*All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test*
Boart Longyear does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Boart Longyear does business.