Job Code: 10059BR
Primary Location: Saskatoon, SK
Job Type: Full Time
Heavy-duty equipment mechanics repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain heavy duty mobile drilling equipment and mobile support equipment used within the
scope of Boart Longyear Drilling operations.
Under the supervision of a Journeyman Mechanic, you will perform some or all of the following duties:
- Check for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets regulatory specifications.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Perform repair work on all Boart Longyear Drilling equipment.
- May service specialty attachments or components and maintain, adjust and repair such items.
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments.
- Requisition parts, materials and supplies.
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity.
Education and Experience:
- Currently in 2nd or 3rd Year of Heavy-Duty Mechanic Apprenticeship Program.
- 1+ years related experience.
- Valid Driver’s License (abstract required upon hire).
- Typically requires High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Standard First Aid Certification.
- Willingness to travel if required.