Boart Longyear Driller Assistant - Water well in Forrestfield, Australia
Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment, and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies globally.
We are currently taking Expressions of Interest for Driller Assistant vacancies in our WA Pilbara sites. Candidates with a demonstrated history of working to strict safety and quality standards in a trades or labouring environment are strongly encouraged to apply. Experience in the Drilling industry is not essential, but would be highly regarded. Note that it is mandatory you hold a HR licence in order to be considered.
The successful applicants will be well presented individuals with an excellent attitude towards safety and possess a strong team focus. A passion for drilling or the desire to learn how, and a hard working attitude is essential. Our positions are based on a 2 week on / 1 week off, fly-in-fly-out (FIFO) roster. Boart Longyear offers ongoing training and developmental opportunities as well as competitive shift rates and bonus scheme.
About the Role:
As a Driller’s Assistant you will be:
• Conducting Daily pre-start equipment checks
• Assisting with routine maintenance
• Assisting with mixing drilling mud’s/fluids/chemicals/cement
• Assisting with loading and unloading heavy vehicles
• Maintaining a clean and hazard free work environment
• Setting up/dismantling/moving drill rigs and equipment
• Cleaning drill rigs, vehicles, equipment and tools
• Assist to set up/dismantle/move rigs and associated equipment
• Conducting and completing necessary safety paperwork and processes
• Working for one of the world leading providers of drilling products and services in their extensive WA operations
• Excellent ongoing training and developmental opportunities
• Competitive shift rates
• 2:1 FIFO roster
• Flights (from Perth) and site accommodation provided
• Current HR-B or HR Unrestricted Class Drivers Licence is essential
• National Police clearance (essential)
• First Aid certificate (essential)
• Demonstrated personal commitment to safety
• Team player
• Experience working in a similar position is preferable, however not essential
• Right to work in Australia
If you are interested in this excellent career opportunity, please apply now!
Auto req ID: 11063BR
Job Code: 250001 Driller Assistant 1.11.Drillers
Function: Drilling Services
Region (Business Group): APAC
State/Province: Western Australia