Boart Longyear Driller - Surface in Forrestfield, Australia
Boart Longyear is the world's leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment, and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies globally. The company's Global Drilling Services division operates in over 40 countries with a diverse mining customer base spanning a wide range of commodities, including copper, gold, nickel, zinc, uranium, and other metals and minerals.
We are seeking Drillers vacancies for current and upcoming projects in our Diamond surface operations. We are looking for candidates who are production-driven with a strong commitment to Health & Safety, and have a strong team focus. The successful candidates will have access to flexible roster options of either 2:1 or 2:2.
Desired candidates will have experience in Diamond and a demonstrated history of working to strict safety and quality standards. It is essential that you have a HR drivers license to perform the role, however applicants with experience can be assisted in obtaining one through BLY program, where we pay upfront cost!
What you will do:
• 2:1 or 2:2 FIFO roster
• Conduct drilling operations
• Conducting Daily pre-start equipment checks
• Training Driller Assistants
• Setting up/ dismantling/ moving drill rigs and equipment
• Conducting and completing necessary safety paperwork and processes
What you will get:
• Competitive shift rates, bonus eligibility, annual/ sick/ personal leave entitlements
• Flights, site accommodation and all meals provided
• Working for one of the world's leading providers of drilling products and services in their extensive WA operations
• Excellent ongoing training and developmental opportunities
What you need:
• Experience working in a similar position in the Drilling Industry (essential)
• Current HR class Drivers Licence (Surface roles only)
• National Police Clearance, or willing to obtain one
• First Aid and CPR certificate, or willing to obtain one
• Ability to lift 30kgs at a time in a labour-intensive role
• Demonstrated personal commitment to safety
• Team player
• Right to work in Australia
Want to know more? Click ‘Apply’ to submit your application now!
Boart Longyear is an equal opportunity employer and we recognise that we are strengthened by a diverse workforce. A person from a diverse background brings with them a different set of experiences, talent and perspective that could potentially provide a new answer to an old problem. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We all have something to contribute and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
Auto req ID: 11897BR
Job Code: 250005 Driller 3.11.Drillers
Function: Drilling Services
Region (Business Group): APAC
State/Province: Western Australia